Sunday, September 23, 2012

Flat Stanley in St. Louis!

HI! My name is Flat Stanley! Abby Springer, who lives in Mesa, Arizona, sent me to visit the Bowman Family. They live in St. Louis, Missouri. That is a 1,457 mile trip! Here is a picture of St. Louis and the Gateway Arch on the banks of the Mississippi River. You can go to the tippy top of the inside of the arch on a tram and look out little windows to see the city below! 


The first thing I did in St. Louis was go to a play-doh party at the library with my buddy, Braxton. Braxton is 4 and he loves baseball, transformers, dinosaurs and playing outside. He was so excited to take me to the play-doh party that he didn't even have time to cut me out! 

The party was so fun. Afterwards we picked out some awesome books to check out and take home. Braxton's favorite book is Bugs Galore, by Peter Stein. It is HILARIOUS! Braxton and I were cracking up!
+
St. Louis is also home to the World Champion baseball team, The Cardinals! The Bowman's are BIG Cardinals fans. We went to a day game with Braxton's dad on Thursday. Baseball is so fun to watch especially when your favorite team wins, and the Cardinals did! GO CARDS!


Braxton and his sisters, McKenzie and Bailey, took me along with them to their building workshop at Lowes. They built firetrucks with wood, nails and a hammer. It was noisy but really neat! They had to follow the directions very carefully or their firetruck wouldn't work. They did pretty good! I got to hang out in Kenzie's apron pocket while she worked.

We also went to a pet store to buy crickets for Braxton's hungry Grey Tree Frog, Al. Braxton found Al in his front yard a few weeks ago. His mom and dad let him keep him as long as he promised to take good care of him. At the pet store I jumped in the cricket bin and they crawled all over me! It was creepy! Braxton's favorite animal at the pet store was the bearded dragon lizard and McKenzie's favorite was the conure parrot. 

When we got home McKenzie colored me a new outfit. It was very colorful. The kids were all playing with Al the frog after he ate his dinner. They said I could go in his cage and hold him. I was pretty nervous but Braxton told me to be brave. He felt sticky and bumpy and cold. I'm glad I was brave! It was neat holding a real live frog!


Al got me all wet and dirty so McKenzie had to color me a new outfit before it was time to go home.


I had so much fun in St. Louis with the Bowman's, but I am excited to get back home to Abby & her class! SEE YOU SOON!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment