Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Break in STL

McKenzie literally cried after school the day she got out for spring break because she was going to miss her friends and teacher for TEN WHOLE DAYS! Ohhhhh sweet kenzie... we will see how many years that lasts. She got over it pretty quick once we started having some fun! Ok... slight exaggeration .. first we ripped out kenzie's old crappy bathroom vanity (starting our spring break bathroom reno project) and then we cleaned the back yard and THEN we had fun. First order of fun business... the zoo! The weather was very cooperative! T-shirts and flip flop weather but B was very ticked that I wouldn't actually LET him were flip flops to the zoo. That kid would wear flip flop snowboarding if I let him! I just love the zoo and seeing the kid's reactions to all of the animals. Bailey's favorite? Elephants! Bracky's? Bears! Kenzie's? Giraffes
I love the penguins but Kenz & B were not fans - "IT SMELLS SO BAD IN HERE MOM! I'M GONNA THROW UP!" Thank you drama queen. Go puke in the trash can I'M WATCHING THE PENGUINS! My favorite part of the day was Bailey seeing the baby elephants! "MOM they are SO CUTE". As we started to walk away she freaked out and yelled MOM I HAVE TO SING TO THEM. We walked back over and she sang Itsy Bitsy at the top of her lungs, leaning out as far as she could over the fence doing the hand motions so the baby elephants could see her. She is so silly and so sweet!


We walked around Forest Park after the zoo. Not by choice haha. The zoo was SO packed that we had to park there. It was a fun walk though. Got a good pic of the real St. Louis and my 4 goofballs!
We filled the rest of the week with the Science Center, shopping and playing at the mall, enjoying the beautiful weather, having an Easter egg hunt with our church friends and finishing kenzie's bathroom reno (hopefully I can do a before and after blog post of the new house soon) oh and Jilly's cupcakes of course!

JillysChocolateChipper_940x450
Mmhmmmm... life changing new flavor! Chocolate Chip Cookie. UH MAY ZING!

So long, Spring Break... Here comes the SNOW?!?!?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment