Saturday, March 8, 2014

McKenzie's Baptism!!!

































We are so proud of McKenzie! She has chosen to be baptized, receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This was a decision she did not take lightly. She was very excited and nervous as the day drew near. We are so grateful for the wonderful support of friends and family! I caught McKenzie multiple times tearing up. She said "Mom, it's hard not to cry. I can feel the spirit!" I think we all had the same feelings she had. It was such a beautiful experience!

No other kids in our ward were turning eight, so we got to have the Baptism all to ourselves! Kenzie got to pick the songs, prayers, and who helped lead and play the piano. Here is her program...

Presiding:   Bishop Chad Shepherd
Conducting:   Brother Shane Neifert
Pianist:   Sister Juanita Bowman
Chorister:   Sister Lauri Smith

Opening Song…………..…………...…. When I am Baptized

Opening Prayer………...……….……. Sister Amanda Doellman

Talk…………………………..….…………...Sister Teneill  Russell

Baptism

Singing of Hymns or Video……... To Be Announced

Confirmation

Primary Welcome……...…..….…… President Tawnya Payne

Bishopric Welcome………...………. Bishop Chad Shepherd

Closing Song…………………..…..…… I am a Child of God

Closing Prayer…………….……..……. Brother Mike Smith Jr.

We got some great family pictures after the baptism. Brace yourself, there are a ton! 

































Our Sweet Girl!!!








































Before and After : )

















Kenz with the Smith Side of the Fam!


Kenz with Grandma & Papa Bowman!








































AND THE ENTIRE SUPPORT SYSTEM!!! 
A regular one and a goofy one, of course...


































We are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of family and friends. McKenzie kept saying things like "I can't believe how many people are here, Mom! This is so awesome!" Thank you so much to everyone who came to support her on her big day! We really appreciate it! McKenzie felt so special. We love you all and miss you like crazy! THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment