Sunday, August 3, 2014

Summer's Miscellaneous Adventures

Summer is quickly drawing to a close : (
We are squeezing in as many fun things as we can before school starts. Here are some random fun days that couldn't just sit in my photos file on the laptop...

SOOOOSHI! So I had a Groupon for our favorite sushi date night place, "Drunken Fish". Problem is that with selling the house and the move we didn't get to use it. Rich conveniently had a day off the day it expired so we packed up the kids and had a sushi lunch since we don't have a babysitter yet. I figured the kids would eat Miso Soup and sushi rice and we would eat the goodness. I figured WRONG! They are HOOKED on the fishy stuff (pun intended). Braxton was all about it - "Mom pass me some more octopus and soft shell crab please!"  He ate more than I did little stink! And he tried edamame. He said it was "okay" and then we reach over to get some and he had EATEN IT ALL!!! We ordered a non fish roll, Philly Cheesesteak. Kenz LOVED it. Once it was gone Rich slipped in tuna, salmon, you name it and told her it was cheesesteak since she refused to try "nasty fish". She is a sucker. After we were done we told her all the fish she ate. Her eyes got big and she yelled "I LOVE SUSHI!" I quickly realized what we had gotten ourselves into by getting them hooked when I saw the bill. Oops! It was so much fun though., I love watching my kids try new things! And I LOVE me some sushi! Not going to lie though, my favorite part of the meal was watching them try to use chopsticks. They have a long way to go! :D

More sunny day fun at our favorite new splash park!

Amanda, Chris, Rilea, Dylan, and Sandy came to play one Saturday. The kids had a blast going for a walk around our new place. They love "sploring" as Dylan called it. We live next door to the fire station so D was in HEAVEN looking through the giant glass doors. They also played a rousing game of Uncle Rich the Jungle Gym and pull the iron out of the huge cement black by the power plant. It was like sword in the stone - ghetto style. D almost had a hernia trying to win!

The Magic House is a summer staple to get out of the heat and have some fun!

We had  a blast with trips to the Zoo, a new splashpad, and Aquaport with all of our awesome friends! B's goggles picture is NOT at the pool... or the splashpad... it is in the shower... he is weird... and hilarious...that is all. 

We FINALLY had a free weekend to go hang out in Quincy with the Doellman Fam and see there new house! YAAAAAYYYY!!!! No idea what happened to Amanda and I and our usual "take 50 photos a day" shutterbuggedness but I literally only got a few pics the whole awesome weekend! DUMB! We got in late Friday night and went out to "The Farm" (Chris' dad's amazing property out in the woods) on Saturday. The kids ran around like kids did back in the day, exploring, Searching for critters, playing tag, getting dirty! Love it! We shot guns, ate, played games, ate, road the four wheeler, and ate some more! Nothing beats brats and dogs over a big ol fire pit followed by Reese's smores. Yes, I said Reese's. Try it. It will blow your mind! Amanda made us try them and OH...MY...GOODNESS! We all went to church on Sunday and then had a relaxing afternoon just hanging out and goofing off. It was a great weekend away. Thanks Amanda and Chris for letting us come play! I'm just sorry that it took us so long to get out there : (  And thank you Jim & Lynn for letting us take over your place for the day. We really appreciate it! Can't wait till we can come back!!! The pic of Kenz on the drive home is the best proof of an amazing weekend!






































We squeezed in one last trip to one of our favorite places, the Science Center. And just like, summer was over:(  Now it's time to GO TO SCHOOL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment